Discuss Screw fix selling Mcalpine..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

......just noticed this that Plumb fix are at long last selling Mcalpine traps now. Available only to Plumb fix customers. Hope they get rid of that Floplast rubbish now.

My plumbfix catalogues go in the bin these days. I only use my local merchant (apart from some oil stuff they don't sell).

i miss multikwik pan connectors since merchant stopped selling them :( mcalpine ones are harder
imo and you dont get little sachet of grease, found all sorts of uses for it :) very slippy :)

The mind boggles and as it's a public forum, I won't ask. LOL

I find them in boiler package. Open the satchets and squeeze them into my little pot. Still using my now five year old pot.

The little tin foil of yellow grease! They used to come with the Mc Alpines didn't they? Anyway I remember them and still have a few unopened sachets.

I'll start the bidding at 2P a sachet.

I love plumbfix. Copper tube prices are cheaper than my merchants. They've been selling Mc Alpine traps for a while. At least a couple of months....more I think. They also do that floplast junk too.

The solvent weld floplast waste pipe is appalling. I had a bag of inch an half couplings and they all cracked as I forced them on the pipe. Which was a job as they were such a tight fit.

I binned the last couple and used one from the merchants.

The little tin foil of yellow grease! They used to come with the Mc Alpines didn't they? Anyway I remember them and still have a few unopened sachets.

I love plumbfix. Copper tube prices are cheaper than my merchants. They've been selling Mc Alpine traps for a while. At least a couple of months....more I think. They also do that floplast junk too.

The solvent weld floplast waste pipe is appalling. I had a bag of inch an half couplings and they all cracked as I forced them on the pipe. Which was a job as they were such a tight fit.

I binned the last couple and used one from the merchants.
that was multikwik am sure not in mcalpine :)

I love plumbfix. Copper tube prices are cheaper than my merchants...

2p? Outrageous!!!

My local merchant undercuts plumbfix copper tube and fittings prices (at least with the discount I get.) And they deliver for free up to about 50 miles away if required. (Must admit, I've not asked for a couple of end feed elbows when over an hour's drive away - I can guess the reaction!)

I'm sick of taking the plumbfix calalogue in to the merchants as they all get their backs up and start sighing.

The price of fittings is cheaper too.

I won't abandon my merchants as they are bloody helpful and do a lot of legwork on my behalf when I'm after something unusual. However I do buy more from Plumbfix than I did.

Infact I had an email from them asking me to do a survey as I've been doing over 1K a month in my local store. It's not all plumbing stuff, but I am spending a lot more there than I thought until I received that email.

feel guilty that i dont go to local merchant as much as i used to do, tend to go if i am stuck for summat and feel bad cos you get to know them personally and their job is on the line if dont buy a lot, but they are dear for basic stuff thats cheaper online :(

that was multikwik am sure not in mcalpine :)

Mcapline made multikwiks. They were the original ones before they got into the hard stuff. Petroleum (paraffin) grease i think it was called. Never used a real multikwik for a few years now though i did prefer them.

In answer to your question Tamz....don't know!!

Neither do i. Still come across a fair bit of it as the local council used it for everything but i just come off it with a multifit. I'll need to ask the next time i'm in the merchants.

Btw can you still get Mcalpine surefit?
Think they stopped making it in favour of Multifit when the OD of the waste pipe changed. I still see a lot of it and if you cut up a tee, it makes a good reducer 3 times over.

Plumbfix is good for small orders, prefer PTS but they are dearer but have better stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Screw fix selling Mcalpine..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock