Discuss Scrap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I was just wondering what the scrap situation is like on the mainland. Here in N. Ireland, I was working on a job today and went outside to find a van full of 'Gypo's' helping themselves to my copper, which was at the front door. Had to chase them, but Ive never experienced that in 20yrs of plumbing!!

copper at all time high here in blackpool, the changes in law (paying into your banck account and needing a license) were supposed to see less gypos knicking my bike from front garden but that hasnt happened in real life !! somebody tell clegg.
i weighed in 3 buckets of thermocouples and got 80 ish quid just before christmas, was upset to be asked for my bank card and have it paid into my bank account.
all the gypos in lancashire must of clubbed together bought one license between themselves and work off that.
robbing piky pillocks.... i want my bike back
they still drive up and down my road on bin day, 3 or 4 different vans/pick ups. it makes me mad.
on the other hand good luck to them, recycling everything, its good for the enviroment.
but where the **** is my bike !!! grr

i know where your bike is migo ,if it was a very good bike its on ebay, if it was a usable bike its at the boot sale, if it was a heap its in the scrap

on the other hand good luck to them, recycling everything, its good for the enviroment.
but where the **** is my bike !!! grr[/QUOTE]

Yeah...like manhole covers, lead on church roofs etc

never put a rad out the front as it might be gone when you want to put it back on, never put copper outside as it will be gone. all metal goes in back garden or round side. If I see them and they ask, I say yeah if you take the rest of the rubbish and they usually say no!

The thieving fatherless soul stole an old HWC from the side of my house - a neighbour got the reg but surprise surprise the vehicle didn't exist !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we were lucky in a sense, here in N.Ireland because of the troubles nobody would dare to take anything in case you took it from the wrong guy. Now there is peace...well apart from the last month, Gypo's and foreign nationals are starting to get a bit cocky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scrap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was...
Replies
Views
D
I'm plumbing my campervan and made the following schematic to show the different modes it can operate. Although I'm an experienced DIYer, I've...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 129220
D
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Back