Discuss scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again the beurocrats have shafted us. I guess we should all jack in the plumbing game and join the likes of Starbucks, Amazon and google who get away with paying nothing into our system for years.

I guess the next time I call at my accountants I will have a choice of going through the green or red door. Anything to declare sir? Yes, one copper cylinder and a heat exchanger... :hand:

Next thing will be the scrappie having to deduct VAT from the funds we receive. Rant Over!

how do you think the scrappies would do if we all didnt go in for a year?

what will be the charge to have the money paid into your account? i can also see it being taxed soon, just another sly way of pretending to protect the thieves from stealing church lead with a convenient spin off to tax the honest working man.

basically the new law does not apply to gypsies!!!

why they cant take vehicle reg's number is a breach of human rights so a counselor tells me!!!!!

i am going to stock pile it and take it every 2 years and get a holiday out of it, well my 19 year old student daughter is going too.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I right saying that now is not the best time to weigh in though as prices will alter in the scrappies favour the nearer to xmas it get's and what is the chances they will actually follow the audit trail from the scrappy to your books. I bet if you put a little through and get some in "her indoors's" name you'd still be able to pull the wool over the tax mans eyes UNLESS you are a massive operation ie Pimlico Plumbers.....

i know Red Scar at Preston told me he'd still be paying cash but they do record transactions ect in a proffesional way.....

how do you think the scrappies would do if we all didnt go in for a year?

Theyd be doing the same amount of business as some little so and so of a traveling nature would be raiding mine and your garage and flogging it.

oh dear, I did not realise and have just taken my scrap to the scrappy. He took my driving license which he did last time but then got me to sign a piece of paper. Which I did not check till just now. which says 'i declare i have the authority to sell''. Bummer. Surely he should have asked me if I have a License?

Anyone know of any solutions to this yet? I guess as I was not caught carrying it, I could just say it was from my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock