Discuss scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is a bummer but what I am worried about is them seeing that i don't have a license and fining me

I wouldn't sweat it. This is one of those situations where the cost of the control would outweigh the benefits so it will not be in place. Another annoyance has been added to our daily grind but one not worth stressing about IMHO :smile:

I wouldn't sweat it. This is one of those situations where the cost of the control would outweigh the benefits so it will not be in place. Another annoyance has been added to our daily grind but one not worth stressing about IMHO :smile:

Unless you happen to be in one of the areas where they are checking. Unlikely to happen after the event but VOSA have been carrying out spot checks across Kent and Sussex and apparently some vehicle were ceased and crushed in Kent.

dont see why not, you could tell them.............. all the brass fittings are re-useable???? the cylinder is a pikey entrapment device????

Ive used the not having a waste carriers licence as an excuse to not take rubbish away from a job so I suppose I should really leave the scrap there too...................................unlikely though

i've got a waste carriers licence except when customers want the rubbish taken away, when i conveniently forget i have one lol

Once again the beurocrats have shafted us. I guess we should all jack in the plumbing game and join the likes of Starbucks, Amazon and google who get away with paying nothing into our system for years.

I guess the next time I call at my accountants I will have a choice of going through the green or red door. Anything to declare sir? Yes, one copper cylinder and a heat exchanger... :hand:

Next thing will be the scrappie having to deduct VAT from the funds we receive. Rant Over!

The scrap dealer we use does not pay you the vat unless you are VAT registered.
I think you will find they do not give you the VAT and never have even before the new rules.

We don't have that law up here until next year, so you always save it all up and cross the border with your scrap! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to scrap copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back