Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Rothy gas bottle recall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
think you should be able to burn off the gas and send the bottle in for a refund, ive got one connected to my bottle atm which is ok and a spare one on the van that i spose will need returning, ill ask at the merchants when i next go in. Has anyone actuly had this happen yet?

you would think the merchants would be contacting anyone who they have sold to? i have 2 bottles dated before jan 15th and a superfire 2 which it also says isnt right if im reading correctly, wouldnt mind getting that sent back, its had better days :)

you would think the merchants would be contacting anyone who they have sold to? i have 2 bottles dated before jan 15th and a superfire 2 which it also says isnt right if im reading correctly, wouldnt mind getting that sent back, its had better days :)

I think it just means any sf2's bought with a mapp bottle

i bought a box load ages ago of the mapp gas and i got a letter today telling me to return/burn off any i have left

If I'm reading it correct, its just the yellow they are recalling, last 3 blue bottles I've had have been leaking, so have to leave burner on to stop it, I got a sf2 torch in December too,which was a replacement for the other new one which was passing gas,

my letter states MAP-PRO,PROPYLENE AND MAPP, yellow or black
lot codes on the bottom starts with W_D,W_E,W_F,W_G,W_H,W_J,W_K,W_L
all form 2004 onwards.
if they have black or white diamondon the cylinder shoulder are not affected :)

I had a mapp bottle kept in the shed which I used for occasional brazing. Before Christmas I found it was empty, and thought at the time strange, I'm sure it had plenty in it a while ago.

Shame I chucked it out! Ah well, at least my shed never exploded.

i never take the nozzle off the bottle anyway as i have had loads that have leaked.

I've noticed a few blue ones leaking too over the past while when the nozzle is removed. Doesn't bother me as i just put it back on. No big deal and i certainly wouldn't be burning it off.
Primus bottles are better anyway. Never stuck for a hammer with one of them :lol:

Anybody ever jumped in the van in the morning with a *** in your mouth and though ........awe swhh......my gas bottle has been on all night :lol:

Anybody ever jumped in the van in the morning with a *** in your mouth and though ........awe swhh......my gas bottle has been on all night :lol:

Lol yes done that a couple of times but minus the *** lol
Once I screw blow lamp on it stays on till I run out of gas never take it off

Only time i take it off is to swap bottles with the boy if i run out. I like my own nozzle.

you have to watch the boy turns the lamp off after every job though,had a numpty with me a couple of years ago put a pile of dust sheets on the lamp then go to get something from the van put his knee on the lamp and bam 2 dead dustsheets and believe me they are a bstd to put the flames out water dont work

i keep them attached to head untill it runs out also just to be safe i do fing though that my head goes wobberly all the time i just tighten back up but v annoying

Hate driving on the motorway when you get that whiff of mapp gas from the back and there's no where to pull in!

i use the yellow mapp/pro bottles, i always disconnect them havent really had an issue with leaks though, just bought a brand new bottle aswell, maybe i'll go out side and burn it off for about 3 hours then send it away for a refund:smug::crazy:

yep i bought a couple a month ago used one got one left no ones rung me

yep got my 2 spares swapped today , gave me blue back no yellows till 15th feb earliest. no good if i get steel in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothy gas bottle recall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock