Discuss Rothy gas bottle recall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
think you should be able to burn off the gas and send the bottle in for a refund, ive got one connected to my bottle atm which is ok and a spare one on the van that i spose will need returning, ill ask at the merchants when i next go in. Has anyone actuly had this happen yet?

you would think the merchants would be contacting anyone who they have sold to? i have 2 bottles dated before jan 15th and a superfire 2 which it also says isnt right if im reading correctly, wouldnt mind getting that sent back, its had better days :)

you would think the merchants would be contacting anyone who they have sold to? i have 2 bottles dated before jan 15th and a superfire 2 which it also says isnt right if im reading correctly, wouldnt mind getting that sent back, its had better days :)

I think it just means any sf2's bought with a mapp bottle

i bought a box load ages ago of the mapp gas and i got a letter today telling me to return/burn off any i have left

If I'm reading it correct, its just the yellow they are recalling, last 3 blue bottles I've had have been leaking, so have to leave burner on to stop it, I got a sf2 torch in December too,which was a replacement for the other new one which was passing gas,

my letter states MAP-PRO,PROPYLENE AND MAPP, yellow or black
lot codes on the bottom starts with W_D,W_E,W_F,W_G,W_H,W_J,W_K,W_L
all form 2004 onwards.
if they have black or white diamondon the cylinder shoulder are not affected :)

I had a mapp bottle kept in the shed which I used for occasional brazing. Before Christmas I found it was empty, and thought at the time strange, I'm sure it had plenty in it a while ago.

Shame I chucked it out! Ah well, at least my shed never exploded.

i never take the nozzle off the bottle anyway as i have had loads that have leaked.

I've noticed a few blue ones leaking too over the past while when the nozzle is removed. Doesn't bother me as i just put it back on. No big deal and i certainly wouldn't be burning it off.
Primus bottles are better anyway. Never stuck for a hammer with one of them :lol:

Anybody ever jumped in the van in the morning with a *** in your mouth and though ........awe swhh......my gas bottle has been on all night :lol:

Anybody ever jumped in the van in the morning with a *** in your mouth and though ........awe swhh......my gas bottle has been on all night :lol:

Lol yes done that a couple of times but minus the *** lol
Once I screw blow lamp on it stays on till I run out of gas never take it off

Only time i take it off is to swap bottles with the boy if i run out. I like my own nozzle.

you have to watch the boy turns the lamp off after every job though,had a numpty with me a couple of years ago put a pile of dust sheets on the lamp then go to get something from the van put his knee on the lamp and bam 2 dead dustsheets and believe me they are a bstd to put the flames out water dont work

i keep them attached to head untill it runs out also just to be safe i do fing though that my head goes wobberly all the time i just tighten back up but v annoying

Hate driving on the motorway when you get that whiff of mapp gas from the back and there's no where to pull in!

i use the yellow mapp/pro bottles, i always disconnect them havent really had an issue with leaks though, just bought a brand new bottle aswell, maybe i'll go out side and burn it off for about 3 hours then send it away for a refund:smug::crazy:

yep i bought a couple a month ago used one got one left no ones rung me

yep got my 2 spares swapped today , gave me blue back no yellows till 15th feb earliest. no good if i get steel in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothy gas bottle recall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are designing and building cooking gas bottles with electronics controlled valves. These are for kids camping chalets. Its purely a...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back