Search the forum,

Discuss Rothenberg pipe freezer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassman

Gas Engineer
Does anyone own one of these and what's your verdict on performance. Thinking of getting one

Don't bother I have one used it about 10 time and a load of rubbish sent it back to thinking there was some thing wrong with it and was told working as it should be!! Takes way to long to freeze when it does freeze.

Mines in garage hardly used .keep it just in case but takes too long and not very good freeze kits faster

Which one, the Rofrost Turbo (10 - 42mm) or the "eco" one. Mine's an old Rofrost. Gets used on average once a month, and worth its weight in gold at times. (Well maybe not in gold, as it weighs a ton!). If its not used for a while have to remember to run it, as otherwise I'm told seals dry out and leak. Takes about 20 minutes to freeze a cold 15mm, about 25-30 mins. for 22mm.

My seals are probably knackered, dont know model mine only gose up to 28mm

The eco one is the one I thought of buying, problem is some comments are very negative. Will hope for more comments and then decide. Thanks

Rothenberger Rofrost turbo has an excellent reputation. Rothenberger Eco (the cheap one), gets mixed reviews.

If you don't freeze frequently, it might be better to hire a decent one when you need one. If you do freeze regularly, then trade up to the rofrost or freeze master equivalent.

Trust me the Eco is crap. Wasted so much time when I bought one, for example the book you get with it clearly says there are no serviceable parts inside it, then when it didn't work from new out the box! Rothenberger said you have to pour water in it even when it worked it was slow and crap. Ended up swapping it for a rofrost and I love it now.

save your time and money and DO NOT buy an eco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rothenberg pipe freezer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes sunk into wall behind bath. Walls have fresh tiles. Have realised as about to fit shower these pipes one is set higher than the other. If you fit a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock