Discuss Roca toilet. Inlet valve not working? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

korpus

Morning all

After flushing the float happily rises as the cistern fills but when reaches its destination its not switching off the water

I've removed the valve and cleaned it but it's made no difference. Any ideas?

Thanks

new one need probably mate

Its a simple fix just isolate the water, take the old one out and pop down to your local merchants with it to get a new one

You could try fixing the one you have but this way is a lot easier and quicker

new one need probably mate

Its a simple fix just isolate the water, take the old one out and pop down to your local merchants with it to get a new one

You could try fixing the one you have but this way is a lot easier and quicker

Thanks Tom

Much appreciated. Stay up btw

Grand Prix Cafe

is it side fitting or bottom fitting? as plumbstar tom says easier to remove and take to your suppliers to get exact replacement. much easier if it's side entry as you don't have to drain the cistern to remove it.

Thanks Tom and Steve

It's a bottom feeding one, Steve

I removed the unit and noticed that there was a pin-hole in the washer that the rubber valve is supposed to seal when closed.

I know it's water soluble but I shoved a blob of Hard and Nails in the pinhole and let it dry, re-fitted the unit and it works perfectly, albeit temporarily.

Appreciate the comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Roca toilet. Inlet valve not working? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock