Discuss Replacing radiators one at a time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kane

I am renovating an old house one room at a time. My question is can I change the radiators one at a time, as I decorate each room. I eventually want to change all the radiators with a thermostatic valve on each, at the moment each radiator has a manual valve to adjust the temperature with the exception of the one in the hall, which cannot be adjusted. This is the radiator I want to change first, is this significant. The boiler is a combi boiler if thats relevant.

You can do it that way, or why not do them all at the same time saving on keep draining & filling the system & paying someone to keep coming back & forth....

Hi there that rad will be your bypass radiator presume heating thermostat is in hall you need to keep as is new rad will require lockshields (valves that are perm open) to let boiler pump cycle with no restriction ie all thermostatic valves closed cos rooms are up to temp otherwise pump is pumping against too much resistance and pump will die ..brum

do the lot at once, everytime you drain down and refill you cause more corrosion in your system so you 1st new rad will be rusting nicely by the time you swap the last one, unless your refilling with inhibitor each time which will cost ÂŁs

Lame plumber right. All yer doing is putting dirt from old rads into new rads 1 at a time. Ditch d lot at d one go if ye can afford it

Another vote for do the lot. Put new valves on fill it up add inhibitor. Then isolate and remove each rad as you do the room then put a cup of inhibitor in each as you put it back on. You can buy larger bottles of inhibitor instead of buying a couple of smaller ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing radiators one at a time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views
I want to replace a radiator that has a drain valve. Do I need to replace like for like and keep the drain valve in or can I replace with a...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock