Search the forum,

Discuss Swapping K1 radiator to a bigger P+ one in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one on the existing brackets, and reconnect the existing valves, and then top up. Would draining the entire system be necessary? If draining is not necessary would i have to add inhibitor to the system if i just replaced the radiator as i have suggested. Obviously from the question you can see i am a diyer.

Yes because a P+ sticks further off the wall around 10-15mm

In theory you can replace without new brackets and/or pipework adjustment. However as the radiators will be different depths it is unlikely to be that straightforward as the pipework will be a different distance from the wall.

I would use the new brackets, fit the new radiator tails, then adjust the pipework and valves to suit. Possibly repacing the valves dependent on condition. I would put some more inhibitor in, if you know which type is already installed. If any of the water looks dirty, I would flush the whole system and refill with inhibitor. You will have to make that decision when you know what condition yours is in.

Sorry, i don't understand your answer. Also, if the new rad is further off the wall, would there be sufficient play to reconnect up the new radiator with the existing valves?

Depends on what the pipework is probably not if it’s copper

Amount of play depends on the route of the pipework and whether it’s plastic or copper.
If it’s copper coming out of a concrete floor - very little play. If it has run along the wall on top of the skirting board, then yes you can probably connect it with no alteration.
You just have to see how much play you have.

Reply to Swapping K1 radiator to a bigger P+ one in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock