Discuss Replacement boiler for ferroli falcon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aetius80

Hi,

I have a ferroli falcon that is broken, I've repalced both circuit boards, spent hours doing diagnostics, but I still can't fix it. I'd like to buy a replacement boiler, but want to make as little alterations as possible - boiler is in a bathroom cupboard and access is tight, so I want to avoid drilling holes for a new flue, brick work, etc. If I could, I'd buy another ferroli falcon and simply do a switch over, but the boiler is no longer available.

Can someone recommend a suitable replacement for a ferroli falcon? I have a 2 bedroom ground floor flat with 5 radiators and am looking at spending around 500-750 for a new boiler.

I've also heard that boilers with a power rating of 24KW give barely lukewarm water and I should be looking at a 28KW or higher boiler.

Please advise.

Thanks

Fitting your own boiler won't save you any money. Get a GSR and do it proper

You may end up killing people

My dad's an electrician and has fitted 3 boilers previously with no problems, then got a Corgi registered plumber to check them. We're potentially saving around 600 by self fitting...

it's illegal for a gas safe engineer to ccertify something he hasnt installed. do you honestly think that any self respecting plumber is gonna give you advice when you are gonna install your own boiler. why dont you have the shirt off my back as well while your at it. GRRRRRRR

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad's an electrician and has fitted 3 boilers previously with no problems, then got a Corgi registered plumber to check them. We're potentially saving around 600 by self fitting...

Good for you. My mother is an odp and does operations all the time. Im thinking of fitting replacement hips. How hard can it be?

And I'll charge half the price of a surgeon ;)

Well, I guess the legality puts an end to that!

Installing a boiler is a lot simpler than being a surgeo. I'd rather not have your shirt, but I'm sure at your rates you could afford plenty anyway!!

Well, I guess the legality puts an end to that!

Installing a boiler is a lot simpler than being a surgeo. I'd rather not have your shirt, but I'm sure at your rates you could afford plenty anyway!!

I can see it now , push fits & compressions , forget the condense , at least the wiring will be ok ,

Get the corgi ( gas safe ) guy to fix it , or does he exsist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement boiler for ferroli falcon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation...
Replies
Views
I've a client with a rusty 20yr+ old Certikin 180 (44kw) oil pool boiler that needs changing. Certikins replacement looks like it is the exact...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Back