Search the forum,

Discuss Renewable, your thoughts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

justlead1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi. Chatting with various trades installing renewables, has suggested individuals are loosing work on both domestic and commercial properties. As skills and knowledge are limited to their specific trade. Clients want to sign one contract to cover all the proposed renewables. If this is the case?
I have a vision of forming a CoOp / Ltd company with 2 plumbers, 1 sparks and a Ac/refrigeration eng. All are well qualified and trading in their own right. Marketing via a One Stop Shop for all things renewable energy. What do you think? Feed back would be much welcomed.

Last edited:
Look into this before you go for it,
The Microgeneration Certification Scheme

I been doin renewables for years I started life as an elecritian then went into refrigeration (20 years ago) and have been doin plumbing all my working life So I suppose I can do myself what your are wanting to do. Go for it and don`t wait for some one else to do it.
I do earn a wage but work hard for it and I am Niceic approved (not poxy part P) , Gas safe , Oftec and refcom registered .

Advice is make sure you have LPG on you cards cause lots of renewable installs are in the sticks.

stacks of good work out there its the future ;)

refcom - how did you get registered for that....

what qualifications do you need is it nvq based?

You have to have a C&G 2079 of relavent category I have Cat 1

Hi Thanks for input to date. As pointed out by Eco i have approached The Microgeneration Certification people. One, to find out the qualification needed to gain membership. Two, The evidence trails required once trading (it seem from the general info i have come across that its similar to ISO 9000 used in engineering etc.) There may well be software available that takes one through the minefield? That has yet to be investigated.

Good luck with the minefield justlead I am currently trying to get MCS myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Renewable, your thoughts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock