Discuss removing a saniflo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi all,

I have moved into a property which has a small WC - so small it is just wide enough to fit the toilet in and no sink (not ideal) - this is a regular flush toilet. The main bathroom has been installed by taking away some of another room at the back of the property which is quite far from the soil pipe. The toilet in this bathroom is a saniflo and has already caused problems within the 10 months I've lived here.

I know next to nothing about plumbing so am wondering how far is the furthest away a toilet can be from where the soil pipe exits the house. Currently it is about 10 metres away - is this too far to run the pipe under the floor boards to the existing soil pipe?

The joists are running in straight lines away from the toilet - I'm not sure which is the right or wrong way but I'm guessing if they run across the room in front of the toilet it makes it much harder? There is also a two step drop from the bathroom to where the exit soil pipe is located.

Any advice greatly appreciated...

What problems have you previously had would be the first question pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to removing a saniflo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
The soil pipe from my bathroom passes through the outside wall and into the roofspace above the adjacent single storey kitchen before dropping...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm reworking our ensuite which is next door to the main bathroom. I want to connect the new toilet into the existing soil pipe which runs...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock