Search the forum,

Discuss Removed radiator now Combined Boiler is reading zero bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mattf

Need help please. I removed a radiator yesterday as I was decorating, watched a YouTube video on how to do it. All went well no leaks, did the wallpapering and put it back on. I switched on the heating to test and bled the radiator as the heating was on. Radiator filled up and no leaks. Really proud of myself as I'm not blessed in the DIY Dept. Then when I went to turn off the heating, Combi Boiler in kitchen, the dial for the Bar pressure read zero. It moved slightly when the heating was on but once turned off went to zero. Panic set in so I went on YouTube to seek help. We only moved in last month and we have no instructions for the boiler. After searching I think I found it to be a Ferroli Falcon Combi possibly a discontinued Modena 80 or 120. Reason I think I know is I had to look for instructions on how to use the clock to work the heating. Anyway found a couple of vids on YouTube but each one had simple black levers or knobs that you opened one then the other to repressurise the boiler. Of course my life isn't that simple and no black levers or knobs on the pipes underneath. Now we have no heating or hot water as I'm scared to switch it on. I tried looking up instructions for the boiler, that is if I think I'm right on the make and model, and "Filling" the tank involves using a filling loop??? I don't have one and again after watching a few YouTube video cannot see where you would connect the hose anyway. Help is needed please. Thanks.

Can you see anything looks like a silver braided hose under the boiler?

It may be behind a kitchen unit because there's evil buggers out there.

Keep looking for the filling loop. You will have one on the pipework or under the boiler.

I found the filling loop hidden behind the kitchen cupboard underneath the boiler. Repressurised to 1.5 bar and put the heating on. It's now reading over 2 bar with heating on. Thanks croppie you saved us a few quid on call out charges for a plumber and saved me from an ear bashing. Brilliant forum. Many thanks. Matt.

Thanks Chalked. You are croppie were both spot on. Filling loop hidden behind cupboard. Repressurised to 1.5 bar and heating back on. Thank god as it was cold indoors. Many thanks, Matt.

Exactly..its a great site
And I fell off my chair when I saw croppie did not post a..

"We will not and cannot give......"

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removed radiator now Combined Boiler is reading zero bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Hi, I'm studying plumbing and my work mate sized the opportunity to help him installing a new radiator. I'm looking for general advice which might eliminate mistakes. It'd also help me to build a portfolio before getting a job in trade. The house is old built and the rad goes into the kitchen...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock