Search the forum,

Discuss Removal of a pipe from a flat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starchildfox

I live in a downstairs flat and have a shared main water pipe coming in with the upstairs flat then in the attic it separates into two header tanks one for me and one for them and then 3 separate pipes come down through there flat into mine one for my hot tank and for my bath and one for my basin and toilet. I am having my toilet and basin pipe re-routed from the bath pipe as the basin and toilet pipe seems to be rotting, I have asked my plumber to remove the pipe from my flat but he says he can't cut it off as the upstairs flat maybe using it I have made the offer free of charge to remove it from there flat but they have declined the offer and won't say if there are using the pipe they also rent out the property and rarely answer emails that I send. Can I remove the pipe from the header tank so no water comes through the pipe my plumber thinks it's a steel pipe, he's newly qualified so he's not confident in cutting then blocking the pipe he's not sure what to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removal of a pipe from a flat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I waited a while before I posted this as I wanted to see how long the issue would go on for. There is a whistling sound from the pipes next to the bathroom but not when I use the water in my flat but whenever my neighbour does who lives below me. Everyone got disconnected from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, a couple simple questions. 1. I have two pipes like seen on a attached photo in my back yard. One is for the waste from kitchen, the other one is for the waste from toilet/bathroom. Obviously rodents can easily get into them pipes.. is the any ways to prevent that? 2. And a second question...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a question, I want my flat to be separately connected to the mains water supply for water coming into my kitchen and bathroom instead of sharing the same pipework as my neighbours. Is this doable and if so is it the water board who will carry this out or a plumber? My flat has shared...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock