Discuss Recommendations for Vaillant combi heating controls... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I could do with recommendations for heating controls.

The customer is a small church/church hall - with a fairly new 30kw Vaillant Ecotec Pure. No heating controls (other than the inbuilt time clock) were fitted by the original installer. They've got two heating zones (currently operated with lever valves) for the main church, and the church hall. (Unfortunately the original installer has gone out of business, so they can't chase him to rectify it - benchmark was ticked off as having temperature controls).

But anyway, they'd like temperature controls for both parts of the building.

I've been looking at a couple of options:

1. Vaillant controls. Vaillant suggested their VRC 700F wireless programmer/receiver, with wiring centre VR70, and a second stat VR91 (only comes as wired, and I need wireless). Used weather compensator. As well as being very expensive, they also appear to somewhat complicated for the customer to use.
2. Salus controls. The IT500 gives two zones. Is used with a second stat, the IT300. It couldn't be more simple. Looks easy for the customer to use. And also a great price. But Salus have a terrible reputation for reliability.

Any suggestions for other options would be much appreciated.

To recap, two heating zones are needed. All to be wireless. And easy for the customer to use.

Thanks for your advice everyone,

Jennie

2x hive or a 2 channel Drayton wiser for smart

2x eph combi pack 4 programmable room stats

1x 2 Chanel programmer at the boiler and 2x wireless room thermostats

I’m guessing it’s a small church as the heating output of an 830 isn’t very high?

1. I have a very similar set up to your Vaillant option at home. It works well, but is an absolute pig to use. I'm seriously considering changing back to a Drayton Lifestyle programmer.
2. For your two zones, I'd personally go for a simple two channel programmer, Honeywell two port zone valves and Honeywell wireless thermostats.

1. I have a very similar set up to your Vaillant option at home. It works well, but is an absolute pig to use. I'm seriously considering changing back to a Drayton Lifestyle programmer.
2. For your two zones, I'd personally go for a simple two channel programmer, Honeywell two port zone valves and Honeywell wireless thermostats.
Does the Drayton Lifestyle allow for two heating zones? Or any other programmer you'd recommend?

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for your recommendations.

I've looked through loads of controls this week, and like the look of the Honeywell controls. They produce a two-channel programmer pack, with two wireless stats. Boiler plus. And no need for internet connections. I've just got to teach the customer to use the programmer (it's easy for me to use, but I might get a few call-backs every time they want to change the times, etc.)

But anyway, what do you reckon of this?

Thanks everyone

Jennie

2x hive or a 2 channel Drayton wiser for smart

2x eph combi pack 4 programmable room stats

1x 2 Chanel programmer at the boiler and 2x wireless room thermostats

I’m guessing it’s a small church as the heating output of an 830 isn’t very high?
I'd have put something a bit bigger in. I did a bit of maths. It is a fairly small church, but 30kw only just matches the heat loss / radiator output. So the boiler is working at full pelt a lot of the time.

I'd have put something a bit bigger in. I did a bit of maths. It is a fairly small church, but 30kw only just matches the heat loss / radiator output. So the boiler is working at full pelt a lot of the time.
I would have to check but It probably only does 20kw on heating and 30kw hot water ?

I tried to avoid for the longest time but Hive is a really nice simple control once set up.
(I do hate myself a little more now)
Agree but don't like drayton wiser - too glitchy, and don't think it works without WiFi (hive will)
a lot of your posts start by saying what not to do...I'm giving you the harry enfield award

Attachments

• harry.jpg
    harry.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Recommendations for Vaillant combi heating controls... in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced / upgraded for a Vaillant Ecotect plus combi boiler. Currently have x2 zone valves on the heating (x1...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock