Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Recommendations for TRVs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Truman

Hello all, I'm just a householder getting a couple of quotes for a new CH install and am looking at which TRVs to specify, seeing as the guys I've had quote me so far so just use cheap no-name TRVs, but are happy to price for and fit any I may choose.

I'm looking for a decent brand that shuts off fully, rather than have to faff about with a decorators cap. The Drayton TRV4 seems well rated till you read about them becoming brittle quite quickly and in any case they don’t shut fully off. The Danfoss ras c2 also looked good till I had a closer look at one in a friends house and the pin was very flimsy (and in his case all gunked up).

So… I’d be grateful for any recommendations you can give.

If you don't fancy the danfos or drayton you wont be happy with anything else!!!

danfoss and have your system cleaned properly.
If its a new system you wont have to worry then.

If you look online for reviews you will never buy anything!

Pegler terriers are what the companies I worked for always fitted the pin is fairly substantial never found a leak on one sometimes seized up over summer though

If you don't fancy the danfos or drayton you wont be happy with anything else!!!

danfoss and have your system cleaned properly.
If its a new system you wont have to worry then.

If you look online for reviews you will never buy anything!

Well that is very very true about online reviews! I've been reading countless threads about pressure drops/leaks after converting from open vented to sealed and am now in a mild state of paranoia about all my concealed pipework (underneath my entire downstairs chipboard floor)...

Anyway, the existing system would be cleaned with a Magnacleanse and then inhibitior added so maybe the Danfoss ras c2 would be ok on my system. Still welcome any other recommendations though :)

most good branded one will be fine, the cheap £3-5 ones will prob last a few years and then stop working or leak.

Drayton TRV4 if it was me.

Lots of nonsense posted in online reviews by people who don't know nearly as much as they think they do.

Drayton TRV4 if it was me.

Lots of nonsense posted in online reviews by people who don't know nearly as much as they think they do.

As I was reading this I honestly thought the sentence was going to end with "people don't know nearly as much as ME"

That would have been an epic post :)

Im with most of you guys Danfoss or Drayton , But recommend staying away from the cheaper ones (£5), Had a custard asked me to fit TRVs they bought thinking they got good deal @£5 and they realise when fitted not the same control in temp,,, Its the usual story you get what you pay for,

Thanks for the tips. I've only got a couple of TRVs fitted at the minute, branded Alitech which I think is essentially a no-name brand. Will get these replaced when the system is done.

Anyone got experience with the Drayton RT212? Has a positive off, which I'm looking for, unlike the TRV4 which doesnt.

Big fan of Danfoss RAS-C2, just remember to fit them horizontally rather than vertically if you want them to work effectively.

Anyone got experience with the Drayton RT212? Has a positive off, which I'm looking for, unlike the TRV4 which doesnt.

thats like buying a BMW 1 series instead of a 7 series, because you prefer the colour of the carpet.

Can you get a Danfoss pack with a drain off lockshield? They only seem to be available with the standard lockshield.

Drayton TR4 are the kings of the TRV. If you can afford them, go for them.

What are those westherm lookalikey's like Ray? Any good. Having issues with bulldogs

Drayton TR4 are the kings of the TRV. If you can afford them, go for them.

What are those westherm lookalikey's like Ray? Any good. Having issues with bulldogs

They sell pretty well Tom, and the return rate is only a few per 1000 - IIRC about the same as Honeywell. But when I looked at the TRV4 figures the other day, we had not taken a single one back under warranty in a whole year. And we sell many thousands of them - and not a single return. I can't think of another technical product with a zero return rate.

They look very nice for the price.

I've fitted TRV4 on all my parents radiators. Testify!

They look very nice for the price.

And they have the "A rated" tag which is very marketable. Not many TRV manufacturers seem to have taken the trouble to get theirs tested.

When our new book comes out next week, have a peek on page 35 for a new valve from Eastbrook. We think of them as being a bathroom company, but there is some cross over in the towel rails. They have a new towel rail valve that I reckon may take off in the mainstream heating market.

It would have to be a massive towel rail in a tiny room to make the TRV close down

It would have to be a massive towel rail in a tiny room to make the TRV close down

I have one of these

isbourne.jpg

as well as a 600 x 800 k2 in my bathroom. The rad has a TRV4 on it, but the rail doesn't - but I wish it did sometimes. That bathroom can get like a flippin' sauna.

I have one of these

View attachment 18411

as well as a 600 x 800 k2 in my bathroom. The rad has a TRV4 on it, but the rail doesn't - but I wish it did sometimes. That bathroom can get like a flippin' sauna.

Zone vale it all up! I got one of the same and a 4 col and it's on a programmer stat and happily ticks over at 19.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommendations for TRVs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock