Search the forum,

Discuss Recipe For Disaster? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
What do you think of the following, although I'm not paying any money I still get these stupid e-mails from My Builder.

“Hello, I would like someone to install my bathroom & en suite. Both rooms will be tiled prior to work. Bathroom install: Fit shower tray & enclosure - stone resin onto floor (trap already fitted),this may not be a requirement as I may have this installed before tiling. I am in two minds to set the tray onto the plywood or wait until the tiles have been laid – I welcome opinions on this). Shower enclosure is a Twyford Geo 6, 1000 x 800 offset quad. Install toilet Install basin (pedestal– not wall hung). Fit Milano freestanding bath (no need to integrate any tiles or frames) Fit bath tap on wall – framework setup/easily accessible. En suite install: Connect basin taps and waste (bottle trap already installed, pipework accessible). Fit shower enclosure. Trim the front face of the installed platform with upvc). Twyford Geo 6 900 quad enclosure. Fit toilet to sanislim macerator & connect to the existing inlet/outlet pipework, wire up to the mains socket. (pipework is already fed through to the soil stack at the rear of house). Possible extra job: Replace existing soil stack for a new black one, plumbing all bathroom wastes into it. Fortunately the current soil stack has a sleeve at ground level so shouldn’t need breaking, and will hopefully slide off ready for a new pipe. All the pipework for both bathrooms is set in place for the equipment I have bought. It’s a case of securely fitting / attaching pipework with isolator valves where possible, plumbing the waste outlets up. I’m looking for someone that pays attention to detail/care when fitting bathrooms – especially the finishing touches. At present there is no water supply into the house (just mains into the garage). The central heating, and initial install of the domestic pipework has been tested, though there have minor tweaks to the domestic pipework since to accommodate the bathroom items. I’m pretty confident there should be no leaks. I welcome broken down estimates, and weekend site visits / advice. Ideally I would like someone with experience of fitting saniflo macerators and can work weekends – possibly start on a Friday afternoon, though this could be worked around if absolutely necessary. Work should be able to start sometime in early to mid June (after tiler has been). I have given a detailed description of the bathrooms/work involved – much of it should hopefully be ‘relatively simple’ for someone with experience. I have included pictures of both rooms (each labelled at the top, with brief descriptions where appropriate) helping to demonstrate the layout and pipework. One last thing – if you’re grumpy / negative / complain about the slightest glitch please don’t get in touch. Having dealt with a number of trades now, I’m only interested in building up a good contact list of positive and friendly professionals who I will recommend and use again in the future. Thanks.”

I think he just wants somebody to tell him how to finish it for nothing!

Why does he need a plumber?By the sounds of it he's done the hard work already.I like the bit where he says it will be "relatively simple",that's up there with"it's only a 5 minute job":rolleyes:

he's probably taken five years to get this far and his wife has told him to get someone in to get it finished lol.

"Everything will be tiled before you show up for your 5 minutes of glory"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

What a muppet!

"having dealt with a number of trades now"
probably had numerous trades in to do the work had five minutes of him and walked.

"if you’re grumpy / negative / complain about the slightest glitch"

that rules most of us out then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recipe For Disaster? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock