Search the forum,

Discuss Recessed shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm doing a downstairs shower room with a concrete floor & intend to install the raised shower (1000 x 900mm) in a corner with two walls thermalite block, rendered & plastered. The third wall will be a stud partition, which will also house the pipework . I'm using Aquapanel on all three walls & I have a couple of questions:

Is WBP ply OK for a shower base, supported by a leg kit (I'll use at least 6 legs), since I'm having trouble sourcing marine ply. How thick should the ply be - the shower is pearlstone 45mm deep. Does the ply need any treatment & what would be OK between the tray & the ply base? Silicon, tile adhesive, Gripfill, nothing?

Before I position the stud wall I'd like to know should I panel down on top of the tray, or panel first , then butt the tray to the panels (with loads of silicon to seal obviously). It would seem that stopping the panels say 50mm short of the top of the tray (which is 45mm high) would give a better seal behind the tiles, but..... getting clearance for the glass door (rising hinge type) seems to be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recessed shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
I'll start this by saying I'm hoping to sort this by diy / minimal professional help as I'm a very tight budget! I've got a walk-in shower in a wet room. The shower has a tiled-over former with an additional ring of tiles around it. When the shower's in use, a drip comes through into the room...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question! There’s a gap (20mm in length & 3mm height) at the bottom of the frame (where it meets the shower tray) closest to the wall that appears to have been...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a new customer who wants a bathroom fitting. This would include a shower tray, and shower panel being situated partly across a window. It's far from ideal, but they've already bought the shower tray/panel/etc. It's a tiny bathroom, with no options for changing the layout...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock