Search the forum,

Discuss window behind shower enclosure?? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Hi all,

I've got a new customer who wants a bathroom fitting. This would include a shower tray, and shower panel being situated partly across a window. It's far from ideal, but they've already bought the shower tray/panel/etc. It's a tiny bathroom, with no options for changing the layout.

I'm thinking to do the tiling, fit the tray, and then the panel - as normal. But only using part of the wall profile, up to the window ledge. And then using a shower panel bracket to secure the top edge of the shower panel to the adjacent wall.

And then getting a glazier in to fit a rectangle of safety glass across where the wall should be, and making sure it's sealed and watertight.

What do you all reckon?

Thanks for your advice

Jennie

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 12
One I did ages ago, it's tiled and used the glass bricks from Wickes. Worked well as window still accessible.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1673710753237.jpg
    FB_IMG_1673710753237.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 9

Reply to window behind shower enclosure?? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock