Search the forum,

Discuss Re-Routing Soil Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Warbs2000

Afternoon,

I am looking to put a full width single story extension on the rear of my 1930's double fronted property. The bathroom is currently situated in the middle of the rear of the building with the soil pipes dropping stright down from the bathroom. The extension that I want to build is open plan incorporating the current space with the new space as one large kitchen living area. I would also like to have a vaulted ceiling on the extension giving as much space/height to the room as possible. My question is regarding how I go about relocating the waste pipes. The obvious one is to box them into a pillar that would be a part of the new space but this would land slap bang in the middle of the room which i would like to avoid. Is it possible to re-route them through the vaulted ceiling some how to the side of the house where we have another small bathroom in order to drop into the drains at this point?

Any advice on this would be great.

its very hard to give you a correct answer without being able to see you property. Yes svp's can be run many ways, you will have to consider min falls,avoiding bends and access for roding etc.... I you run it in the ceiling you may not get the ceiling height your after??

i would consider getting a local plumber or experienced builder around to give you advise and a quote for the work.

Don't you need building regs approval to change any underground soil pipes?

should not be a concern as building control will be needed when the building work is done anyway i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re-Routing Soil Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock