Discuss Re: New member looking for a career change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello out there, Im a plumber and I want to be a director, Ive some training in this area, whats your advice :)

Thank you all for your responses. Pretty much what I was expecting, It seems I made my bed 6 years ago with the decision that I made.

The reason that I am thinking about plumbing is that I loved the course that I did, I also worked with a plumber for 3 days a week whilst I was training which I really enjoyed and I find it very interesting and it seems there is always something new to learn.
I enjoy getting my hands dirty and the hard work for long hours doesn't bother me but I seriously need to think about how the finances would work, I have an supportive fiancee but I don't think she realises how much of a change it would be! I understand that I would have to pay for the training myself although I do have the majority of the tools of the trade.

I am sure you must be thinking, why on earth would you want to leave your current job and part of me thinks that I must be mad but I am in a very difficult position with where I am now. Plus I am getting sick of sitting in front of a computer for 10 hours a day!

I guess I need to decide if I want to be unhappy with money, or happy with little money!

If I was to go for it, could any of you give me any suggestions about the best place to start? I understand that my question is vague but any suggestions would be much appreciated as well as brutal honesty!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re: New member looking for a career change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock