Discuss Quantity of cistern conical rubber washers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

Looking for a decent quantity of those conical rubber washers that attach to the connecting bolts on a close couple cistern. I don't want the whole bolt assembly as I have dozens of M6 Stainless steel bolts and wing nuts, but only the conical rubber washers that go through the cistern.

I've found a couple of stockists that are charging silly money for a bit of rubber that only costs a few pence, anyone know where I can get these for under 30 pence each?

email somebody like twfords and tell them your using there stuff on a job and you keep finding the rubbers missing from some cisterns and could they send you a bag full to save returning the cisterns to the merchants.

wouldnt be the first time this has been done ;)

why not just use 3/4" rubber tap washers, probably need to widen the centre hole though, but they only cost pennies.
Alot of these bolts come with flat washers anyway, i usually use plumbers mait with the flat washers, never get any problems.

There's an even cheaper way though, you must have heard the saying, 'melt them down and make them into wellies'
well, instead of making them into wellies, make them into conical washers. lol

It's for a repair contract where the original contractors used the wrong fixings and I have to use the correct ones right down to the conical washers. I use 3/4" tap washers but they don't want that mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quantity of cistern conical rubber washers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve got a vantage concealed cistern that had an intermittent problem a couple of years ago whereby the flush wouldn’t shut off and it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
This post just for interest/comment so please only read if you have time for that (Any thoughts appreciated). Following on from previous post of...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
We've installed a new close coupled wc in the bathroom. It is the type which have a rubber doughnut washer on the flush valve outlet to seal the...
Replies
Views
B
Hi guys, I've just taken delivery of a pull-out monobloc tap that has a large (M30?) brass nut to hold it to the sink/worksurface. Also supplied...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock