Search the forum,

Discuss Vantage concealed cistern, flush mounting clips broken. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve got a vantage concealed cistern that had an intermittent problem a couple of years ago whereby the flush wouldn’t shut off and it continuously overflowed into the bowl. As it was a new build I had the builder send a plumber round to resolve the issue.
That worked until recently when it started again.
Assuming it was just the washer I ordered a replacement and unscrewed the flush from the base. I did think when I took it off that it came off rather easily and when I came to refit it I discovered both the securing clips at the base have broken off.
Can I replace the bottom clip assembly or, as it’s one of those cisterns that are preassembled by TD do I have to replace the whole unit?
it looks like the base might be a press (or screw) fit but as it’s such limited access I don’t want to compound my problems by forcing something.
I did find a Vantage 2 push fit basket on toiletspares.co.uk but again don’t really know if this is the right part.

Im happy to get a plumber in if that’s the general consensus but I thought maybe I could do it if it’s an easy fix.

Attachments

• 71207051-ACB3-4E29-A56D-05395643267C.jpeg
    71207051-ACB3-4E29-A56D-05395643267C.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Vantage concealed cistern, flush mounting clips broken. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock