Search the forum,

Discuss Pump runs continuously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Duncan G

I have a Myson powered Y type central heating sytem. It works ok but when the hot water only is selected, the Euramo pump runs continuously even when the boiler swiches off once the water has reached temperature. Is this normal or should the pump switch off at the same time as the boiler? 3 way valve and room thermo work fine.

Any ideas?

It sounds fine to me, the 3port valve sends power to the pump&boiler at the same time, the boiler fires and the pump runs, the boiler however will only fire if the boiler stat is calling for heat, when the boiler stat is satisfied the boiler will stop firing even though the 3port is still sending power, the pump however doesn't have anything stop stop it working therefore will keep running until the 3port stops sending power(hw cyl stat satisfied).

Hope that's helpful

Thanks Mbear. Just turned the HW Cyl stat right down to 50 and it still didn't switch off. Maybe the stat is not working correctly?

In that case the pump may be wired to a pump overrun switch in the boiler.

What kinda boiler is it?

You'll need to get a heat eng in to trace where the voltage is coming from possibly, is there a purge/normal rocker switch on this boiler? Prob behind the front. I suppose the pump over run switch could be stuck 'on' on the pcb if it is indeed wired like that.

I'd need to have a look myself to be able to tell properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump runs continuously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock