Discuss Pulsing Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheBird

Hi,

Has anyone had this happen before? I have bleed every radiator in the house (8) which took all the pressure out of the boiler (ticker fell to 0 and in the red zone). I have re pressurised the boiler up to 1.5 bar and re checked all radiators to make sure there is no air. There is none.

When i use the hot water in the sink upstairs and only upstairs the water hot water pulses through / the pipes shake like mad. Can anyone point me to what the issue can be? I do not have the issue with the hot water tap in the bath, and i do not have the issue on the hot water tap in the kitchen.

Cheers

Possibly a Faulty tap. What kind is it?

Its quite old, its your basic tap really. Can a tap cause that type of issue?

By the way your hot water and central heating are completely separate, topping up the system and venting the rads will have no effect.

A jumpy tap washer and unsupported pipe work throughout the house can make one hell of a racket.

That tells me that you have mains pressure through your hot tap which if there was a dodgy washer or something would cause it to jump aggressively. That's where I'd start looking.

Cheers Dude, I will look into new taps etc for the sink over the weekend, its driving me mad, in the middle of the night you turn it slightly and the pipe starts shaking, then it starts pulsing the water out :(. Thanks

Not saying its 100% that, I'm saying its a possibility, isolate the supply and take the tap apart to check before you go buying new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pulsing Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock