Discuss Programmer Recommendations... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My pensioner parents have put more radiators in their house. They kept the original boiler programmer, which is now causing problems.

In the morning the boiler cannot heat the upstairs without someone going downstairs to manually override the hot water.

This results in hot water and a warm downstairs but a cold upstairs.

For now I have set their programmer to be twice a day for central heating and once a day for hot water. At least the whole house is warm in the evening.

However, I would like to replace their programmer (Potterton EP2000) with a new one. The new programmer should allow for mutliple programmes that control the central heating and hot water separately.

Ideally, I would like to have the hot water heated for one hour in the morning before the central heating is switched on for three hours. In the evening the central heating only for three hours. On Saturday an additional one hour of hot water before the evening central heating.

Any recommendations for programmers that can handle that program will be glady accepted.

The controller should be cheap and easy to use by pensioners who have no aptitude for digital devices with screens and menus. The more manual the better. If there is no option then I will have to visit and go through the menus myself. The main requirement is the aforementioned programme.

Thank you.

Doesn't sound like a programmer issue to me

Doesn't sound like a programmer issue to me

I am sure a bigger boiler would solve the problem easily and give a plumber a nice fat cheque.

A new programmer that would intelligently split the heating problem in two would obviate the expense of a bigger boiler.

Wind your neck in fella there's lots of people on here that'd be happy to help, for free I might add. Did I say it was a boiler problem? No!! So don't immediately go on the attack. We're happy to help if things are approached properly.

I am sure a bigger boiler would solve the problem easily and give a plumber a nice fat cheque.

A new programmer that would intelligently split the heating problem in two would obviate the expense of a bigger boiler.

There are other parts in the system that need to be working correctly to get the outcome you require but if you are unwilling to be educated for free and willing to waste your time and money on a new programmer then I`ll keep calm and you carry on!

In the time it's taken you blow hards to huff and puff the usual guff heard when asking for quote, I researched a direct replacement (Potterton EP2) for the old EP2000.

No, rewiring. Just replace the one front cover with the other.

Two channels, which is what I require.

Job done.

So glad I didn't leave school at 16.

Me too.

Rather than writing war and peace you could have simply asked for a recommendation for a twin channel programmer.

Dont forget to set it to gravity.

All it needed when you had extra rads was for the hot water to go fully pumped.

Sounds like somebodys ballsed something up.

In the time it's taken you blow hards to huff and puff the usual guff heard when asking for quote, I researched a direct replacement (Potterton EP2) for the old EP2000.

Job done.

:waving::waving::waving: :asshole:

Job done.

I didn't leave school at 16 either but congratulations for the condescension award of the day you come on here looking for free advice from people that will know more about your heating system without even seeing it than you ever will. We've tried to be Pleasant however you clearly know better than we do good luck with that and don't let the door hit you on the way out

op just to check you do have a port valve on the hot water side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Programmer Recommendations... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock