Discuss Problem getting burner to keep firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Tyrrell

Gas Engineer
ok - I'm on holiday at the moment and I can't get to the boiler to try anything at the moment but this is bugging me so I'd like your opinions on probable causes/remedies.
Just a few hours before I left for my holiday I got called to a breakdown of a Worcester heatslave because it had started to play up with the burner firing, staying on for 9 seconds, and then going to lockout.
I've done all my diagnostics. Changed the nozzle, pump, photocell, and oil line but I still couldn't get it to work for longer than 9 seconds.
Customer said it started to play up about 2 weeks ago and has steadily got worse.
They aren't too worried about it not working at the moment but I'll be going back as soon as I return from my holiday so any advice would be gratefully received :)

Heating pump not pumping?

What about the capacitor, it should be 3uf or 4uf, if you have a multi multimeter you can test capacitor.
Also if it was a danfoss L 21 or R21 you have to remove the bypass screw as they now come setup for 2 pipe rather than 1 pipe. Just something to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem getting burner to keep firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
got new oil and tried to start my reillo g3b oil burner ,when it idnt fire and went to lockout i bleed the pump and check the nozzle ,and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have a viesmanm vitodens 50 but I've noticed it's behavior change recently I think. When running a bath for example, the boiler will fire up...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock