Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann vitodens 50 hot water issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I have a viesmanm vitodens 50 but I've noticed it's behavior change recently I think. When running a bath for example, the boiler will fire up and start providing hot water as expected. The temp on the boiler display climbs steadily to about 85 degrees with the burner indicator showing 5 lines (9 being full if that makes sense) . When it hits 85 degrees it cuts back to 1 line, I.e low for a few seconds, the temp drops to about 75 then it fires back to about 5 lines. This repeats. Screenshot below of what I see and mean by 5 lines on the burner.

Is this normal behaviour or should it regulate more i.e sit at 3 or 4 lines.
Screenshot_20221020_190026_Video Player.jpg

My nest controls the water temp setting, it's set to 55 so should the boiler even be hitting 85? I suspect I have an issue with the boiler

Thanks in advance
Andy

It shouldn’t be hitting that high up something is starting to clog / get effected maybe by dirty heating water

A gas safe engineer can do the works but they need to know about Viessmann as there are a few common items

And heating won’t show the issue as it’s not full demand

Reply to Viessmann vitodens 50 hot water issue in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Milky hot water. Recently had a Viessmann 100-W combi boiler installed. Now when the hot water reaches any tap it is very 'milky'. This appears to be micro bubbles and clears, upwards, in a few seconds leaving no residue. Though this is a hard water area in 45 years have never had this cloudy...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F FS2B 26kW Storage Gas Boiler installed in 2014. The boiler has developed a problem recently where it short cycles but only when hot water is used. When hot water is turned on (on any tap in the property) the boiler remains off for about 45 sec. At the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock