Discuss Pressurised system help...please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The red bottle you talk off is the expansion vessel .what they have tried to do is repressurise it to try and solve the problem you've been having (losing water pressure). All this aside let's get down to the actual problem.
You've said you've been doing this for awhile, seeing that your system is old the first thing I would try is ;
Take a pz1 screwdriver and remove the black taps from the valve (s) try using an adjustable wrench or pliers to turn the spindle which operates the valve.
With frequent use this plastic taps wear and stop turning the valve, even when you think it is .
The red vessel may also have failed .
How often are / was you repressurising the syste

I was thinking the exact same i thought SSE would have picked that up On the levers though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressurised system help...please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back