Currently reading:
Pressurised system help...please!

Discuss Pressurised system help...please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desperately looking for help, as SSE home services seem clueless.
We have a pressurised system using an old but reliable Ideal classic boiler.
Every now and then, I have to top up the pressure in a little red bottle in a downstairs cupboard.
However, for a while now, the fill loop doesn't seem to have been working.
I no longer feel water rushing into the red bottle, and I no longer see the pressure gauge going up.
Since these fill-loop problems, the central heating has been problematic.
Basically, the boiler and pump will keep going even through the controls say they should be off.
SSE home services have replaced the pump, a solenoid valve in the boiler and they attached a foot-pump device to a little bicycle-tyre style valve on the red bottle.
None of these seem to have stopped the problem, the boiler and pump were still running yesterday PM when they should have been off.
HELP PLEASE!!!

The red bottle you talk off is the expansion vessel .what they have tried to do is repressurise it to try and solve the problem you've been having (losing water pressure). All this aside let's get down to the actual problem.
You've said you've been doing this for awhile, seeing that your system is old the first thing I would try is ;
Take a pz1 screwdriver and remove the black taps from the valve (s) try using an adjustable wrench or pliers to turn the spindle which operates the valve.
With frequent use this plastic taps wear and stop turning the valve, even when you think it is .
The red vessel may also have failed .
How often are / was you repressurising the syste

I was thinking the exact same i thought SSE would have picked that up On the levers though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressurised system help...please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock