Discuss power flush cost?.................................... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

British gas done their anal service on the boiler this morning and the guy said I need a power flush which I'd guessed anyway. Quoted me £800. Obviously the British gas have astronomical overheads so how much would it be roughly from Joe Bloggs the plumber?

Any problems ?

8 rads (2 being towel rails). The boiler is a combi. 2 living room rads are cold on the bottom. The guy spoke of the heat exchanger which makes a noise may need a descale. Harrow based.

I still know an old guy who is convinced powerflushing is the lazy way of doing it and that the way they did it in the old days (take the radiators off and hose them through outside) is a superior method. I can't work out how I can prove him wrong, and it would probably cure your radiator problem.

That said, if you have serious quantities of sludge in the system, it will eventually affect the boiler longevity and performance, and sounds like he may be onto something with his idea of descaling, in my opinion.

Reply to power flush cost?.................................... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock