Discuss Potterton Profile 50e not sparking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for not reading all this again.
Have you checked the obvious like spark gap, electrode, strike point, earthing, HT lead, etc

Have you checked the obvious like spark gap, electrode, strike point, earthing, HT lead, etc
Earlier on he said that he wasnot getting a spark at all,even disconnecting HT lead from pcb an bridging from the pcb to a insulated screw driver

Last edited:
I have checked all items you detailed and even had a friend of mine take a look at it. This friend works on gas appliances only. I hope to have another look at it over the next day or so.

I seem to remember the white sparking lead is no longer obtainable. Not sure if generic ones will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Profile 50e not sparking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room...
Replies
Views
I have a strange fault with a Vaillant EcoTec combi-boiler. It's 100% reliable whenever the heating is called for, ie. by the room-stats. It's...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock