Discuss Potterton Profile 50e not sparking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the APS from a working boiler?
I have not got back to this boiler yet, when I do I am going to try a used PCB first and maybe then a used APS which I have taken off a working boiler which I have replaced with a new high efficiency condensing boiler. I have already blown down the APS tubes.

did it fire?

Not 100%sure but Is there a Venturi on aps tube before aps, if there is check this? You may have already by passed this by blowing down the aps if you went straight on to the positive connection on it.If so got to be slow running fan or flue.
Had ridiculously high emissions from profile before an I put it down to glue & turned out to be slow running fan, could be same in your situation but the fans got to point where it won’t even operate the APS

Not 100%sure but Is there a Venturi on aps tube before aps, if there is check this? You may have already by passed this by blowing down the aps if you went straight on to the positive connection on it.If so got to be slow running fan or flue

Not 100%sure but Is there a Venturi on aps tube before aps, if there is check this? You may have already by passed this by blowing down the aps if you went straight on to the positive connection on it.If so got to be slow running fan or flue
I have checked the Venturi and it is not blocked, have alsolconnected a tube externally to APS to activate it

Sounds more like APS then mate,can’t remember but is it a 3 wire or 2?
*just read you’ve already tried a new one,I’m out of ideas but be interesting to know how you get on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Profile 50e not sparking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room...
Replies
Views
I have a strange fault with a Vaillant EcoTec combi-boiler. It's 100% reliable whenever the heating is called for, ie. by the room-stats. It's...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Back