• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Potterton Powermax HE: Only generates one showers worth of hotwater at a time in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

zbooks

I've just moved into a property with a Powermax HE boiler, and it only seems to produce one showers worth of hot water at a time. I then have to boost it for an hour before we can get another shower.

The hot water is set to come on from 13:00 to 17:00 every day.
Its controlled by a Hive system.
The previous owner told me it had its PCB changed last year.

I've lived in a nearby property with exactly the same boiler about eight years ago and I cant recall having any issues with it.

How can I get it to generate and store more hot water? Is this a common/known issue?

Gasmk1

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
These are old now and have never been viewed as a good boiler. I think personally I would be looking at replacing

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Is the thermostat set high enough? Is this connected to a cylinder?

fronty

I think these came in three sizes (different size integral HW cylinder), do you know which size you've got? Maybe the one at your other place was bigger. Do you live in a hard water area? Maybe the cylinder is all furred up?

Reply to Potterton Powermax HE: Only generates one showers worth of hotwater at a time in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net