Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Polybutylene (PB) or cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) barrier pipe for central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cascas

[h=2]There is a Polybutylene PB and polyethylene PEX pipe. Both are barrier pipes for water & central heating Is one or other better for central heating. I have googled, but cant find the answer.

What are the pros / cons of each?
[/h]

Re: Polybutylene (PB) or cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) barrier pipe for central hea

Ones easier to work with, lot more flexible. Can't remember which one.

Re: Polybutylene (PB) or cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) barrier pipe for central hea

bpex is the one to use i belive. The 'b' refers to barrier and not allow oxgen to pass throught the pipe wall.

Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Polybutylene (PB) or cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) barrier pipe for central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock