Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing NVQ Assessors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laleo

Can anyone help? My college closed down suddenly and without notice. I only have the on site assessment to complete before my NVQ qualification expires in August. I've contacted City and Guilds and numerous colleges and and no one seems to be able to help. I can't even get a call back from a course manager!

Does anyone know if my work be signed off by a Freelance assessor, and where can I find one? Any advice would be appreciated.

I take it that the 'college' wasnt a college of FE government owned but a 'college' of private entity?

Hi

Why does your NVQ expire in Aug? As a rule from date of signing up you have 5 years to complete the full course. What was the qualification number/name of course you were doing?

There are different ones, for example
6129 - plumbing Technical Certificate (this is your class /theory work)
6189 - Plumbing NVQ (This is your on site assesment side of things)

I am assuming you have completed your 6129? If so, get the creditss from the centre or keep your results, these remain valid for 5 years until you complete the NVQ side.

As regards NVQ on site assessment, I am assuming you haven't don't any of these as yet?
If not, there are certain parts of the folder you can do yourself such as maintenance and faults and 1 x decommission.

What area are you from? It maybe possible to get an assessor to sign off for you but they need to be accredited and registered and you will still have to pay for their time.

If you go to another college, you could and can just ask to do the NVQ with them, depending on your age you can apply for funding for this and now would be the time to do before all other apply........ I hope you can prove that you have completed the tech cert from your other college as if you cant this may pose some issues for you.

It is a lot of information to cover here, I'll keep checking in, come back if you have further questions ok.

Hi

Why does your NVQ expire in Aug? As a rule from date of signing up you have 5 years to complete the full course. What was the qualification number/name of course you were doing?

There are different ones, for example
6129 - plumbing Technical Certificate (this is your class /theory work)
6189 - Plumbing NVQ (This is your on site assesment side of things)

I am assuming you have completed your 6129? If so, get the creditss from the centre or keep your results, these remain valid for 5 years until you complete the NVQ side.

As regards NVQ on site assessment, I am assuming you haven't don't any of these as yet?
If not, there are certain parts of the folder you can do yourself such as maintenance and faults and 1 x decommission.

What area are you from? It maybe possible to get an assessor to sign off for you but they need to be accredited and registered and you will still have to pay for their time.

If you go to another college, you could and can just ask to do the NVQ with them, depending on your age you can apply for funding for this and now would be the time to do before all other apply........ I hope you can prove that you have completed the tech cert from your other college as if you cant this may pose some issues for you.

It is a lot of information to cover here, I'll keep checking in, come back if you have further questions ok.

Thanks for your helpful reply, but please register with us for further posts. Thank you!

Hi Thanks for your reply. I was told by my college that I need to complete everything by August otherwise I'd have to re do the NVQ. I've completed 6035 and it's 6189 which I need the onsite assesment for. I don't mind paying an assessor as I've had no luck with any of the colleges in my area. They either don't know or just don't bother getting back to you. City and Guilds are equally useless. I'm in North West London area. Any further help/advice would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing NVQ Assessors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock