Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Plumbing in swimming pool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan Mackenzie

Just started maintaining sports club swimming pool. Chlorine appears to cause corrosion to chrome on copper and stainless steel pipework in showers. What the solution?

If I where to do any 'plumbing in a swimming pool' I would use a wet suit and full
divers kit as holding my breath would make the job take too long -

sorry its just the way you posted - I will be seroius later CHK

Nout, bar sealing it away.

thats why in leasure centres they have absolute minimal pipework on display :)

Chlorine in the air shouldn't be that high that corrosion happens in a public area. Sometimes when chlorine is stored in the same room as copper you can get quite aggressive corrosion. But it should be stored in its own vented compartment.

Other things that can strip chrome and corrode copper is the cleaning agents now used commercially.
thet come in a concentrate and then at source the cleaner filles their spray. If these are not checked regularly they can be very strong. I've seen it strip the chrome off a tmv tap!

ask for the pool chlorine to he checked, the air extraction and any chemicals used in cleaning.

Chlorine in the air shouldn't be that high that corrosion happens in a public area. Sometimes when chlorine is stored in the same room as copper you can get quite aggressive corrosion. But it should be stored in its own vented compartment.

Other things that can strip chrome and corrode copper is the cleaning agents now used commercially.
thet come in a concentrate and then at source the cleaner filles their spray. If these are not checked regularly they can be very strong. I've seen it strip the chrome off a tmv tap!

ask for the pool chlorine to he checked, the air extraction and any chemicals used in cleaning.

Betting the problem its surface mounted pipes that are being splashed while washing

dont get caught with your stick mirror in the ladies changing area, seems a plumber down our way did a few years back and the magistrates werent impressed nor were his customers, I collared lots of his customer base :)

Do you mean there is excess chlorine in the pipework to the shower? Could be that the pipe work has been internally treated by with too high a dose.

dont get caught with your stick mirror in the ladies changing area, seems a plumber down our way did a few years back and the magistrates werent impressed nor were his customers, I collared lots of his customer base :)
Ha, score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing in swimming pool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock