Search the forum,

Discuss plumbing experience in Nottingham in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I have done all my exams in November and now just awaiting my Nvq. Im worried as i did my practicals months ago and fear that i have forgotten some things. Can anyone help? i would like to gain some experience somewhere in Nottingham . i dont mind if its not paid. Can anyone help?

Nathan

I can only help with advice. The NVQ2 is largely about site safety, protecting customer's property, and working methodically. Making sure you get loads of photos in. I "had to" take a photo of carrying a radiator on a sack barrow in somebody's garden while wearing my steelies to get manual handling in. Then I actually had to take it off the barrow and carry it up some stairs and through a door to get into the building, but the photo ticked a box.

You won't be expected to dismantle a tap that hasn't been serviced since 1970 to get a maintenance task in. Fairly simple stuff is adequate to get the qualification (but perhaps not to do the work you may end up doing afterwards, unless you do newbuild site work, I suppose, which I was never in the least bit interested in). I was tempted to use a cast-iron rainwater installation as part of my NVQ, but it wouldn't have got me any more points than the cold water storage cistern that I did use in my portfolio (not all assessors will accept a cistern: mine did).

What you do need to do is get it clearly from your assessor what he or she expects to see in your portfolio. Because there's little point taking photos of 12 cold water installations if the assessor only needs to see 2, but then missing out photographing a maintenance task that perhaps you needed to show.

Reply to plumbing experience in Nottingham in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock