• Thread starter r69bp
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K

Discuss Plumber/Improver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi tfgplumbing I tried that here but was swiftly told we cannot help you instead was dumped onto a work program for 2 years no help santioned and no funding towrads anything and tried to get me a job a a smart meter reader despite the Centrica telling me they were not interested in hiring due to lck of experiece but still got sanctioned and lost a months worth of dole money and could not get to interviews or food that the help I got and I am guessing I was not alone,so there you have it and apprenticeships do not exist unless you are 16 - 24 yrs old outside of that it seems so far you are no good to employ.
I have to admit I have had enough today and not getting anywhere and seriously wondering about this so called career,no way are there all these jobs being advertised everywhere and nothing comes of it I have seen jobs i have applied for over 2 months ago.
What do you think?

The Scheme I had it under was called ''React'' it was for redundant people, it may have been specific to wales not sure.

The so called ''shortage of plumbers'' was cobblers years ago, I myself really struggled to get into the industry and spent at least 2 years looking for an apprenticeship after completing a 4 year long course; and I was a reasonable apprentice that could get stuck in with minimal supervision.

If you stick at it you find someone that will give you more experience, but its often a case of slogging away at it for crap money; its got to be something you really want to pursue and not just for the money which is often poor when you first start out.

Part of the problem is the are so many gas safe engineers these days the volume of which drives wages and job opportunities down.

The reason I stuck with it was that I couldn't bare the though of chucking 4 years worth of college down the drain, that and I like installing pipes & enjoy the general technical side of things.

Nothing worth doing is ever easy. Good luck

I'd give my right nut for a decent plumbing/heating/gas engineer the now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber/Improver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock