Discuss Plumber Charging For Estimate! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Simon good to see u again, The threads seems to have vanished as i replied to that thread and its not under my profile so not sure mate,,,,,

Allright Kris. You must be flogging on.

Aye I had an email about a reply but it said invalid link. Must have been deleted.

Sometimes it is necessary to charge for estimates.

We had to camera a drain at a youth hostel to see what / where the problems were.
I said we were not prepared, nor able to provide a costing without having some basic idea of what repairs are needed and there would be a charge for doing the investigations.

They paid for the camera investigations and the report and then handed it to another mob who priced the works.

I don't charge for quotes but from what I remember he didn't get a quote rather a diagnostic for a boiler fault so I would charge for that.

Do you guys charge for estimates?

Only if either, already provided an estimate and its a substantial change or there needs to be some investigation needed before estimating.

If an estimate is more than 300 or 400 then I tend to add a bit on which covers any time spent looking and pricing.

I never charge for estimates unless it's a job that's already mine and I've started the work and came accross a problem and I've given the customer an estimated cost to continue but the time taken to do an estimate I never charge for.

i'm going to charge customers for calling me soon if they keep taking up my time and anoying me to go out and quote a tap change...
thinking 0845 @ÂŁ1 a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber Charging For Estimate! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock