Discuss Please help me with employer holding my wages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday morning jobs can be, Go when your done and book all morning.

I have found in the past that when an employer starts holding back money it usually ends one way. It has happened to me twice in the past (I was directly employed though) the first time I got taken for ÂŁ3500.00 and the second time only about ÂŁ150.00 but I spotted it before it was too late and walked 3 weeks later he went bankrupt.

Try and get your money back but don't hold your breath.

I have found in the past that when an employer starts holding back money it usually ends one way. It has happened to me twice in the past (I was directly employed though) the first time I got taken for ÂŁ3500.00 and the second time only about ÂŁ150.00 but I spotted it before it was too late and walked 3 weeks later he went bankrupt.

did you get your 3500 back from when you were employed?

i think I would have emptied the van into my shed if it happened to me, that's a lot of dosh mate.

Unfortunatley if your subbing this will happen possibly on a regular basis especially if you are in a city or big town been there know exactly how you feel bud all the best anyway..brum

I can see it from both sides I think it's unfair of him to ask you to pay two days wages to test the installation but if there is a few leaks it would cost him money to put right.

from what I can make out you also left early without testing the work. I think you should have stayed to test it as you were on a day rate and it hadn't been finished. From the employers point of view this is a bit of a p*ss take.

he has agreed to pay you some money and the rest after testing. I would make sure you get the first lot and agree a fair price for the rest. What he has offered doesn't seem fair.

If you are subbing on a day rate and you don't work a full day I think he has every right to be annoyed.

The court could perceive it as fraud if you have invoiced at a day rate and left early. It's always best to talk it out rather than mess around with court fees etc.

i think I would have emptied the van into my shed if it happened to me, that's a lot of dosh mate.

I did I got 1 transformer, 1 sds drill, 2 leads and a 110v light. The rest of the kit was mine. 1 of the lads sold 1 of the vans! But unfortunately mine was a hire van as the head gasket went on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help me with employer holding my wages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock