• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Pipe fitting welding courses in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Would a welding course help a plumber cross over to pipefitting?

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I was a commercial pipefitter welder for 35 years Heating and Gas my advice stick with gas work the trade is crippling I gave it up for domestic work which is far less punishing, welding is a horrible trade can you imagine working in fireproof overalls gauntlets full air fed head shield in mid summer like the one we just had absolutely exhausting . 👍😉 Kop

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I'm wanting to up skill and the salary's looked good for pipefitting but I definitely get your point!

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Go for it then mate only you can make that decision , it is rewarding when you finish a big job but it's a battle every day 🙂

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Would a welding course be beneficial or would it be a total different ball game on pipework?

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
I would say go for a coded course

exedon2

Esteemed
Had several years welding on pipelines (stovepipe welding) held at various times Lloyds class 1 ASME ix G6 ticket.
As KoP has said not healthiest job and unfortunately the days of
really high pay long gone.

Reply to Pipe fitting welding courses in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net