Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe fitting welding courses in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Would a welding course help a plumber cross over to pipefitting?

I was a commercial pipefitter welder for 35 years Heating and Gas my advice stick with gas work the trade is crippling I gave it up for domestic work which is far less punishing, welding is a horrible trade can you imagine working in fireproof overalls gauntlets full air fed head shield in mid summer like the one we just had absolutely exhausting . šŸ‘šŸ˜‰ Kop

I would say go for a coded course

Had several years welding on pipelines (stovepipe welding) held at various times Lloyds class 1 ASME ix G6 ticket.
As KoP has said not healthiest job and unfortunately the days of
really high pay long gone.

Reply to Pipe fitting welding courses in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was just interested if people put solvent weld on both the pipe and fitting or just the pipe when glueing overflow/condensate pipe.
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock