• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Philmac gas fittings in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

OP
Michael Groves

Michael Groves

yes manufacturers instructions state can be used underground (you could email them and ask for this in writing)
Thanks, looks like they have tech support in uk, I’ll give them a call on Monday. +44 24 7653 5535

thanks for your assistance.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks, looks like they have tech support in uk, I’ll give them a call on Monday. +44 24 7653 5535

thanks for your assistance.
Gas engineer says no compression or mechanical joints can be concealed and must be accessible for inspection.
I’m a spark, our regulations are recommendations. You can deviate and following manufacturers instructions. Is Gas the same, where do we stand if manufacturer says it’s fine, but gas book says joints can’t be concealed?

Last edited:
ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Some manufacturers can override our gas regs

OP
Michael Groves

Michael Groves

Some manufacturers can override our gas regs
Got a response from Gas Safe Register, I think this clears up a lot of doubt about using MI generally. 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer' Engineer now happy to proceed.

In terms of hierarchy, the following documentation should be followed in order. Legislation (Gas Safety Installation and Use Regulations 1998), Manufacturers Instructions then Technical Guidance such as British Standards/Institute Gas Engineers & Managers etc.

Reply to Philmac gas fittings in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads