Discuss Permanent Pilot Light - Safety Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in essence you're saying you'd be quite happy to go leave your home with the pilot lit on your fire with no safety device? What if it blows out, the room fills with gas (The explosive limit of NG is 5-15%) and you return when it's dark, open the door and switch the light on and get a spark? If I was in the engineers situation, I would have requested your permission to cap off the fire and issue an 'At risk' notice. If permission was refused, it would be noted on the service record which you would be requested to read and sign.

there is a fine line between giving the customer good technical advice and advising the fire could/should be renewed,BUT it is not AR it is fit for purpose as per design and can be left running if the customer wants it left on,

i have to agree,just because the technologlys old and has no fsd does not make it dangerous,its working as designed you can not id or ar a appliance just because you think the safety designs not as safe as it could be,it was considered ok when designed ,so you adhere to mi,s

Permanent pilots are inefficient and that is all they will ever be! You will never be able to blow up a house, flat or otherwise unless it was devout of ventilation!

Well maybe a Wendy house! ............ REALLY SMALL ONE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I say 'bolloks' on this forum without being excluded?

well done so!

Permanent pilots are inefficient and that is all they will ever be! You will never be able to blow up a house, flat or otherwise unless it was devout of ventilation!

This sounds like a job for mythbusters!!

OMG my pal is called wendy and she has a house, i'm going round tomorrow to see if she has a gas fire

seen the news earlier. in america they are raving about shale gas, the clip says it is getting into the water supply and it showed people lighting the water as it came out the tap, looked excellant

seen the news earlier. in america they are raving about shale gas, the clip says it is getting into the water supply and it showed people lighting the water as it came out the tap, looked excellant

natural ,cheap hot and cold running water !

Do the taps come with room ventilation requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Permanent Pilot Light - Safety Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a portable gas fire which keeps switching off. The pilot light lifts for 10 seconds, critically above the thermocouple and then the gas...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to...
Replies
Views
I have an old Modena 80 E combi boiler that is randomly short cycling on windy days. The burner goes out and re-ignites within a few seconds and...
Replies
Views
D
Recently noticed a gas smell coming from my ideal classic RS50 boiler. Cadent have been out and confirmed a small leak and capped off the gas. The...
Replies
Views
F
Hi, My 2014 Crown Boiler has a spark ignition system that is malfunctioning. When I turn the boiler power switch off and back on, the pilot light...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock