Search the forum,

Discuss party political broadcasts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whyme

God i'm sick of them...Nick clegg do one, no amount of trying to look casual is gonna make people believe you. David camaron do one, your posh and never had to scrimp to feed your kids. ed millibellend do one your brother should have got the job..Nick griffin what the hell are you doing on telly, you do realize if your regime came to power you'd be euthanized coz of your boz eyes.....

Here is the problem they all sound the same the only difference is where they place the decimal point only one party is saying anything sufficiently different to get noticed and win voters away

I am happy in my life from making a decision long ago that I will not engage, follow or devote any time at all to politics or related matters. It was fruitful.

Here is the problem they all sound the same the only difference is where they place the decimal point only one party is saying anything sufficiently different to get noticed and win voters away

your not talking about UKIP are you.?

I'm afraid so.

Not saying it's any good just saying they are playing a good game. Everyone is discontented with mainstream politics and can't tell them apart along comes ukip playing a different tune and people are dancing too it.

the only good think that will come of it is it should be enough to make the main three realise they need to represent something worth voting for

I get really p1ssed off that people attack Cameron for being a) posh, b) an etonian or c) rich.

Whats the alternative? Do we think that we would be better with a chavvy, poorly educated, economic failure as PM?

Clearly not.

We should not attack Cameron for being posh or well educated. We should attack him for having wasted that good education, and for being a complete knob!

Its his knobbish-ness that is the problem, not the school he went to.

Clegg is just beneath contempt. I cannot recall a politician so lightweight and devoid of substance in my entire life.

Milliband is the most interesting. In a petri dish / microscope kind of way.

I get really p1ssed off that people attack Cameron for being a) posh, b) an etonian or c) rich.

Whats the alternative? Do we think that we would be better with a chavvy, poorly educated, economic failure as PM?

Clearly not.

We should not attack Cameron for being posh or well educated. We should attack him for having wasted that good education, and for being a complete knob!

Its his knobbish-ness that is the problem, not the school he went to.

Clegg is just beneath contempt. I cannot recall a politician so lightweight and devoid of substance in my entire life.

Milliband is the most interesting. In a petri dish / microscope kind of way.

Lovely, witty retort as always Ray.

But, while Tarquin and Rupert are ok the rest of us are fluxed.

Lovely, witty retort as always Ray.

But, while Tarquin and Rupert are ok the rest of us are fluxed.

Without voting you and me into power Leo, can you see it being any better (or worse) under any other lot?

Without voting you and me into power Leo, can you see it being any better (or worse) under any other lot?

Fair point, I can only imagine me and you in charge. Deep joy!
But ukip would be a change, and if it goes **** up they'll be some sort of emergency vote thingy to get them out. So it's a no lose situation. The main parties would be proven right, so we could all relax knowing we tried something different.

Haha camaron is posh (nothing against where your born). He is posh and unfortunately has no idea whatsoever bar none how people on the breadline and underneath have to survive..

I do agree there's no real alternative apart from him..And the cut backs because of labours squander

UKIP just make me laugh.

Ukip? Are you actually on glue? Forage is a robbing scrunt. Blabs on about Europe and how he's going to stop it draining our money and it being a waste of time....... Yet the sneaky twonk spends almost every day in Brussels on ÂŁ359 a day tax free at our cost, claiming for his wife as a PA on ÂŁ75k and over 130k in expenses. Yeh this Europe is awful ;) meal ticket. No EU..... No job, better not try too hard then had I?

Fair point, I can only imagine me and you in charge. Deep joy!
But ukip would be a change, and if it goes **** up they'll be some sort of emergency vote thingy to get them out. So it's a no lose situation. The main parties would be proven right, so we could all relax knowing we tried something different.

I can't argue with that. Which is why I have been a UKIP member since 2011.

Its not that I support their entire manifesto, because I don't. Its mostly because I think all the other parties need a shot up the jacksie, which UKIP are best placed to provide.

I don't vote, it's a cost saving exercise. If non of us voted we could add an extra 50% to the NHS budget in 4 years

Go on then Guy, I'll bite.

Explain how you and I not voting can add billions to the NHS budget

The electoral office at your local town/ city has a massive budget, as does the returning officer. Not to mention the horrific cost of an actual vote, the stupid technology that's constantly commissioned and binned for voter security, the House of Lords and commons, just a big show.... No votes no need to show off so it's actually done in an office in burnley and houses are ticketed tourist attractions. then the money BBC spends on coverage, discussion......

UKIP at the moment are ****ting themselves because the bigger you get the harder you fall. the people that have been sacked for saying un PC quotes is incredible. That just couldn't happen in a serious political party..There bigots.

The electoral office at your local town/ city has a massive budget, as does the returning officer. Not to mention the horrific cost of an actual vote, the stupid technology that's constantly commissioned and binned for voter security, the House of Lords and commons, just a big show.... No votes no need to show off so it's actually done in an office in burnley and houses are ticketed tourist attractions. then the money BBC spends on coverage, discussion......

You're miles off mate.

The NHS budget in 2013/14 is ÂŁ95.6 billion. Thats about ÂŁ1500 for every man, woman and child in the country.

Even if we took the entire cost of a functioning democracy, plus the enire cost of running the whole of westminster/whitehall and the entire cost of running the whole of the BBC - including all the services that are entirely non-political - we wouldn't even get near to increasing the NHS budget by 50%.

UKIP at the moment are ****ting themselves because the bigger you get the harder you fall. the people that have been sacked for saying un PC quotes is incredible. That just couldn't happen in a serious political party..There bigots.

Hi Whyme.

are you saying that it would be better if everyone was PC and never said anything that offended the PC commentariat?

And in what way do you think I am bigotted? :)

Does that budget include every body who works in the nhs or just the ÂŁ1500 per patient. ?

Does that budget include every body who works in the nhs or just the ÂŁ1500 per patient. ?

According to its own website, its the total budget for the NHS in England. I hadn't twigged that - being just England means that its about ÂŁ1800 per person.

Hi Whyme.

are you saying that it would be better if everyone was PC and never said anything that offended the PC commentariat?

And in what way do you think I am bigotted? :)

Not at all ray. UKIP aren't PC and i don't like modern day PC because you cant fart without offending somebody.

But UKIP does attract the so called politicians that camaron and his new lefty righty conservatives would avoid on the street.

To finish my opinion is that UKIP are attracting the mildly racist which is a worry.

You're miles off mate.

The NHS budget in 2013/14 is ÂŁ95.6 billion. Thats about ÂŁ1500 for every man, woman and child in the country.

Even if we took the entire cost of a functioning democracy, plus the enire cost of running the whole of westminster/whitehall and the entire cost of running the whole of the BBC - including all the services that are entirely non-political - we wouldn't even get near to increasing the NHS budget by 50%.

Was a reasonable guess 5% ?

Off topic PC is a load of nonsense it's just people getting upset about words. Everyone has the right to use words in an order they see fit to use just because so done takes offence to a word doesn't make it illegal or wrong. Just maybe disrespectful and not the done thing.its the opinion that the words are being used to portray that should be seen as wrong but again everyone is entitled to an opinion. Take this whole clarkson thing. It wasn't an opinion or statement just a series of words that some people would take offence too.

On topic I wouldn't say it is attracting the mildly racist more people fed up with same old same old

Last edited:
I could go on about how negative and socially regressive UKIP could be to this country till im blue in the face.. When i said mildly racist i meant the general public who don't want to be associated with the likes of griffin etc but aren't tolerant of a cultural melting pot.

What's racist about not tolerating a cultural melting pot? Racist is used far too often when people have no other argument, far too easy to shoot someone down as racist

What's racist about not tolerating a cultural melting pot? Racist is used far too often when people have no other argument, far too easy to shoot someone down as racist

OK i,ll rephrase it then, Intolerance to the cultural melting pot that is Britain.

OK i,ll rephrase it then, Intolerance to the cultural melting pot that is Britain.
People don't have a problem with it, we could debate this all night but it does no good as it just ends in a row getting personal like it did last time

People don't have a problem with it, we could debate this all night but it does no good as it just ends in a row getting personal like it did last time

I agree, we're watching this thread carefully, healthy political debate is one thing but don't get personal with it.

Except for politicians. You can call them whatever you like!

Politics. Where 'poly' means 'many' and 'tics' means 'blood sucking parasites feeding relentlessly off normal people'.

I do apologize if anybody thinks i was finger pointing at anyone on here because i didn't mean any posts to come across that way. i did enjoy that little debate though. And i didnt wake up with black eyes which normally happens in real pubs..:biggrin:

I do apologize if anybody thinks i was finger pointing at anyone on here because i didn't mean any posts to come across that way. i did enjoy that little debate though. And i didnt wake up with black eyes which normally happens in real pubs..:biggrin:

If we discuss politics at midnight after a few drinks its probably asking for trouble. I thought this one was fairly mild. :)

as a londoner im pretty tolerant to the place always having been a melting pot i grew up in a mixture of orthodox jews west indians and irish communities but the last 15 years its been swamped by so many nationalities that i feel the outsider now
while i can understand we have open doors to the peoples of europe can some one explain how we have so many Africans Afghans and South Americans here now?

I can't argue with that. Which is why I have been a UKIP member since 2011.

Its not that I support their entire manifesto, because I don't. Its mostly because I think all the other parties need a shot up the jacksie, which UKIP are best placed to provide.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked Ray. A man of your obvious intelligence and education trotting out such a specious and facile statement.

The UKIP are an odious bunch of racists, and supporting them is lending power and legitimacy to their vile views.

You cannot, I'm afraid, claim to only partly support them. When faced with bigots the stance one takes has to be binary - you're either with them or against them. Supporting them on ANY basis adds one more vote to their ENTIRE manifesto - there is no option at the ballot to specify which part of them you support.

I'm quite saddened by reading what you wrote. I think very highly of you and it's quite a sobering thing to have discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to party political broadcasts in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock