Discuss P,d,m brass fittings is it for imperial or metric pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get solder ring (identical to Yorkshire) 3/4" x 22mm connectors in other brands

link as have asked locally for a few years and they say the only ones they know of are yorkshire (which dont make them any more) or endfeed

(decent ones)

Last edited:
link as have asked locally for a few years and they say the only ones they know of are yorkshire (which dont make them any more) or endfeed

(decent ones)
Williams do them in endfeed and solder ring
only the 22-3/4 in SR though

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah as above get some organisers, don't buy cheap wait till the good ones are on offer and get a few then solder/compression/iron/odds that you wont know you need till you need them
/one for toilet and tap spares and repairs/and such

I went after college to do a homer but I had limited material as I didn't know what to expect. I Went to change the bath taps for a bath mixer but before I cut any pipe I noticed the brass fittings are stamped p,d,m can someone tell me if the copper pipe will be metric or imperial. So I know if I need green rings for next time I go round I'll be prepared.

Any old skool plumbers out there I just want to say I respect the patience and skill that was involved compared to nowadays.
as this bath pipe work must of been done first then the bath.

If you're talking about brass soldered fittings on existing pipe, then I would think it will be original 3/4
Do you have to change pipe work to change taps, maybe enough play in pipes to accommodate new taps
The thread length should be similar

Good idea I'll do that. I didn't know you can get imperial and metric yorkie couplin. Amazing the stuff you can buy nowadays.

Sorry what I meant was comp fittings with imperial olives

You can also get imp/met couplers in soldered and they are handy to have a few of.

If you're talking about brass soldered fittings on existing pipe, then I would think it will be original 3/4
Do you have to change pipe work to change taps, maybe enough play in pipes to accommodate new taps
The thread length should be similar

I wouldn't bet on the threads being same length if it is old 3/4" copper with brass soldered connectors. It would be very old and most likely the threads will be longer, therefore leaving the old pipes short of the new taps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to P,d,m brass fittings is it for imperial or metric pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a leak in my leasehold flat in a small council 4 storey block of flats – 8 flats in total. In the corner of the bathroom is a cupboard...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am hoping to get some advice on a small project I am working on at the moment. I have a lovely old victorian towel rail which I am...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Hi all, Earlier today I was trying to get a few floorboards up to get access and one of the 15mm pipes came out of its brass tee connector with...
Replies
Views
T
Went to do a job in the evening just changing a stopcock (what I thought was 22mm pipe) isolated at the meter, made my new section of pipe up...
Replies
Views
R.Oak
R
J
Hi Guys, this is my first post and I'm far from a plumbing expert so I apologize in advance if I accidentally break any unwritten forum rules or...
Replies
Views
Jimmy_B
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock