Search the forum,

Discuss Overthinking diagnosis or just incorrect? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
went to a boiler breakdown yesterday, Vaillant turnomax 242/1 E

Put it in demand and nothing.. has power. No lights advising lockout. Reset boiler. Nothing.

Getting 240v on pump terminal on PCB but nothing at pump so I figure there's a break in the cable so have put it down for a new pump.

There is no manual reset overheat stat, not that I could fine anyway.

Now I'm wondering if I've missed something stupidly easy?!?!? Overthinking it???

No if pump gas 240 going out from pcb pump should run

Did you multimeter the leads to check no break ? / are you getting 240 on connector/ terminal on pump ?

No if pump gas 240 going out from pcb pump should run

Did you multimeter the leads to check no break ? / are you getting 240 on connector/ terminal on pump ?
No getting less than a volt at pump.. didn't check continuity of lead.. for some reason I was a bit anxious so it didn't register to do that.. spoke to Vaillant earlier and they said same as I thought and what you're saying.. most likely a break in the cable as there are no manual reset stats.. just waiting to see if this company want me to go back and do the work so I guess I'll see when I change the pump - will test the lead first to see if I can just change the lead

Yea break in the wire somewhere

You might be able to tell if you have a volt pen and lay it on the wire and go slowly up the wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overthinking diagnosis or just incorrect? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, i was wondering if somebody could give me some advice..... I was called out to a boiler breakdown the other day. Worcester 15Ri. When i arrived onsite the blue light was flashing i put it into reset, fan started, boiler ignited . Boiler reached temp very quickly and shut down on overheat. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
So, I went to this job yesterday to change over a faulty motorised valve on the hot water side of an unvented system. I drained the system, wired the new one up and fitted the new valve, this system is fed from a communal boiler in the building which might be part of the reason for the issue I...
Replies
Views
Hi all New to this forum, hoping someone can help Iā€™ve been called to my neighbors boiler yesterday. Ferrolli domicompact f24b - I know Ferrolli šŸ™ Fault showing up F5 and go nothing Reset boiler numerous times and nothing just F5 Iā€™ve downloaded the manual an f5 says APS or fan The...
Replies
Views
Evening I've not posted for a while and have had to set up a new account as I can't find my old one. Moving on I have a wiring conundrum. Customer called said heating had died no lights on programmer. At the property the customer also asked if I could change the honeywell wiring centre...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock