Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 15ri Issues in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Leeukguy

Gas Engineer
Hi, i was wondering if somebody could give me some advice.....
I was called out to a boiler breakdown the other day.
Worcester 15Ri. When i arrived onsite the blue light was flashing i put it into reset, fan started, boiler ignited . Boiler reached temp very quickly and shut down on overheat. I checked the pump and yes it had seized . I replaced the pump turned the system back on and the boiler had no life at all. No lights showing. Took hold of my multimeter i had 240v at boiler, pump and switch live.
I checked the fuse (on PCB) , this had blown. Replaced this and we go again. Powered up started to ignite but with no fan which was strange.. It didnt get very far as then went into lockout.
I nipped off to my lockup as i knew i had a PCB for this model in stock . Replaced the old for new .... Still nothing blue light just flashing every second ......surely a faulty external pump wouldnt knock out the PCB and fan???? Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks in advance

Fan pcb a soon as there’s power the fan should start

you’ve turned the boiler off / blown the fuse

and on start up there’s been a surge in power and it’s fired the fan pcb

on the fan purple is live
Brown neutral

you could try warming the fan up with a hair dryer sometimes this works but not often

Fan pcb a soon as there’s power the fan should start

you’ve turned the boiler off / blown the fuse

and on start up there’s been a surge in power and it’s fired the fan pcb

on the fan purple is live
Brown neutral

you could try warming the fan up with a hair dryer sometimes this works but not often
Thanks I’ll get a new fan then. I literally turned the boiler off at the boiler before I turned the fuse spur off. Crazy how that can just blow things up. I’ll let you know how I get on. Cheers

Reply to Worcester 15ri Issues in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock